In order to remain within its auditor independence requirements, PricewaterhouseCoopers A.G. ("PwC") must ensure that PartnerVine does not sell automated documents prepared by PwC to users that could, directly or indirectly, threaten PwC's independence. In order to ensure compliance, PartnerVine will transmit your name to PwC, which runs a client screening process as described here.
Users registered as a Company
If you are a user registered as a company, you can only purchase automated documents prepared by PwC if your company name has been matched to a valid Swiss UID number and if your company does not have an independence-relevant relationship with PwC, such as (but not limited to) being an audit client of PwC.
- PwC collects the Swiss UID number by matching the name you provided for your company at registration to the names in the Swiss federal register. The names in the Swiss federal register are the ones in the commercial registry (Handelsregisteramt), so if you're looking to match your name to the database, look how you are registered in the commercial registry.
- PwC's screening takes place when you click "proceed to checkout" in your Shopping Cart.
- If you are a user registered as a company in Switzerland but have not been matched to a valid UID number at registration, we will not be able to sell you automated documents prepared by PwC at this time.
- If you are a user registered as a company outside of Switzerland, you will not have a Swiss UID number. As a result, we will not be able to sell PwC's automated documents to you at this time.
- Please be aware that the status of your company's relationship with PwC may change over time, so we may be able to sell you automated documents prepared by PwC in the future. Please check back regularly.
Users registered as an Individual
If you are a user registered as an individual, you will not have a Swiss UID number. As a result, we will not be able to sell you automated documents prepared by PwC at this time.
The Swiss UID Number
The Swiss UID number (also called a Business Identification Number, or BID, in English) is a unique number provided to every Swiss company to identify that company for the Swiss government's administrative purposes. If you'd like more information, you can find it here.