The product, a know-how collection entitled “ FinSA Q&A: Organization – Organizational Measures ” consists of 19 questions and answers (" Q&As ") developed by the UBS team of regulatory experts and provides you with the basis for understanding the general requirements of the FinSA as regards organizational measures. Your purchase gives you access to a know-how collection prepared by UBS and may serve as a basis for you to establish your best practices as a financial service provider. The Organizational Requirements of the FinSA When applying the FinSA in its interplay with the Swiss Financial Institutions Act (“ FinIA ”) and the revised Swiss Collective Investment Schemes Act (“ revCISA ”) financial service providers also have to understand the pertaining organizational measures requirements. The rules in their interplay can be complex and the practice is still developing. A good understanding of this topic may hence be one of the top priorities in order to avoid regulatory...Read more
The product, a know-how collection entitled “FinSA Q&A: Organization – Organizational Measures” consists of 19 questions and answers ("Q&As") developed by the UBS team of regulatory experts and provides you with the basis for understanding the general requirements of the FinSA as regards organizational measures.
Your purchase gives you access to a know-how collection prepared by UBS and may serve as a basis for you to establish your best practices as a financial service provider.
The Organizational Requirements of the FinSA
When applying the FinSA in its interplay with the Swiss Financial Institutions Act (“FinIA”) and the revised Swiss Collective Investment Schemes Act (“revCISA”) financial service providers also have to understand the pertaining organizational measures requirements. The rules in their interplay can be complex and the practice is still developing. A good understanding of this topic may hence be one of the top priorities in order to avoid regulatory and operational risks in this context.
These Q&As are essential practical knowledge for those that provide financial services in Switzerland or to clients in Switzerland.
For a full overview of the questions covered by this product, see Questions answered by UBS' FinSA Q&A under the Organization section.
What you get
After you make your purchase, PartnerVine makes the Q&A available to you for download as a searchable pdf. Below are two Q&As from this product so you can see a sample of what you will get:
Samples of the Q&A
How are the terms "appropriate organization" and "staff" defined in the FinSA?
The terms are not specifically defined. Arts. 21 and 22 FinSA look at the financial service provider (“FSP”) from an entity perspective. In order to render financial services to clients, this entity needs to have in place a company organization (governance, policies, process descriptions, etc.) as well as engage employees. Organizational measures are to be taken to ensure that both "appropriate organization" and "staff" are set up in a way that ensures compliance with the FinSA.
What are the differences of outsourcing rules under the FinIA and the FinSA?
Whereas the FinIA governs the requirements for acting as a financial institution (for further details on the FinIA, please consult the FinIA FAQ), the FinSA seeks to protect the clients of financial service providers (“FSPs”). The purpose and the scope of the two laws may overlap, however remain different.
The FinIA/FinIO legal provisions on outsourcing and delegation of tasks apply for specific, supervised institutions. That means, that these FinIA provisions are applicable for institutions which fall under the scope of the FinIA.
Art. 23 FinSA on the other hand is applicable to any person providing a financial service (“FS”), hence may be applicable to both, supervised and not supervised persons.
Hence, depending on the supervisory status of the delegating person and the nature of the delegating task, different rules apply on delegation at different levels of the new legislation as outlined above.
For further details on the requirements under the FinIA, please consult Question 2.4 and for further details on the requirements under the FinSA, please consult Question 2.5.
Who needs it
The FinSA Q&A: Organization – Organizational Measures is for financial service providers providing their services in Switzerland or to clients in Switzerland. If you are a financial service provider, this product helps you understand these FinSA conduct duties and implement them.
UBS Business Solutions AG ("UBS") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the UBS Group AG. For more information on UBS, go to www.ubs.com.
Key features of this product include:
- Structured & easy-to-read. Structured in a reader-friendly, easy-to-access Q&A format that is aligned with the relevant regulations.
- Easy-to-understand. The language is practical and business friendly. The explanations in the text are accompanied by tables and graphics which make it easier to understand and communicate the regulations.
- Interconnected. The Q&As include references to related content in other modules of UBS' FinSA Q&A and third party content to help readers understand the issues.
- Categorization. All of the Q&As are categorized into specific topic groups which you can adapt to your individual needs.
- Upskilling your employees. Underlined terms are explained in the Glossary, which is a complementary product that comprises over 160 terms and definitions. Together with the Glossary, the Q&As provide knowledge management support not just for employees that know an issue well, but employees that need to learn about an issue, increasing expertise across your firm.
- Cost & time savings. You receive extraordinary value when you purchase this product. As your usage increases, your savings increase dramatically (see the Relative Advantage Calculator on the left hand side and the section below on the Relative Advantage Calculator, which will help you understand the value of this product).
The FinSA Q&A: Organization – Organizational Measures gets rid of the need to research Swiss regulatory requirements regarding these conduct duties. The Relative Advantage Calculator on this page shows a conservative use case, and the amount you would save compared to doing the tasks without the benefit of our product. For the calculator, we've taken an hour as the estimate for a lawyer charging CHF 450 per hour to research the answer to one of our Q&As. Our assumptions are conservative ones based on our experience. If you'd like to change our assumptions, you can do so in the calculator and run the number again. The value delivered by our product is meaningful in the vast majority of circumstances, and exceptional as your usage increases.
Circumstances of Use
This product is intended for Swiss financial service providers and financial institutions and provides general information on the FinSA and related laws as of the date of finalization. Our objective is to provide the UBS' perspective of the law in order to help support a better understanding of the new regulatory framework in Switzerland. This product can be used either for implementing the new regulatory framework or as the basis of your own internal knowledge management. This product is not for use outside of Switzerland.
- This product is provided to you only for use in Switzerland.
- You are required to pay for this product by invoice after you have received it. As digital products are so easily replicable, there is no right of rescission for this product and your obligation to pay is unconditional.
- This product is provided to you on a non-reliance basis. There is no guarantee that this product will address your particular facts and circumstances, and you will have no recourse to UBS or PartnerVine if you do not think it does.
- Use of this product does not create an attorney-client relationship with UBS Business Solutions AG or PartnerVine, nor should the product be considered a substitute for qualified legal advice. If you need advice tailored to your facts and circumstances, please consult qualified counsel.
- Your contract for this product is with UBS Business Solutions AG. You will not have recourse to PartnerVine in respect of your use and enjoyment of this product.
This product is a downloadable pdf. There is no additional support for this product.